you're reading...
Lake life

A great fishing season – part 1

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERALate Night TV host David Letterman wouldn’t know a bass if it jumped out of his bottomless coffee cup, but he did make the “Top Ten” list famous. So we’re borrowing the concept from him, but on a much more serious topic than he ever considers.

The next two days, I’m sharing my

“TOP TEN” list for how you know it’s been a great fishing season.

Here goes:

No. 10 – You have unhooked so many fish, there is no skin left on the bottom half of your right thumb.

No. 9 – The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries has put an enforcement agent on special assignment just to follow you.

No. 8 – You are on your third new electric filet knife of the season. The first two burned up.

No. 7 –  Your old fishing buddy, George (who works too much and missed a lot of the trips) won’t even return your phone calls.

No. 6 –  You had to take money out of savings just to buy more fish baits.

Stay tuned tomorrow from Nos. 1-5 !!!   PS – If you need any explanations, please just leave a question in the “comment” section and we’ll have George get back to you.

Discussion

7 thoughts on “A great fishing season – part 1

1. Yep, Darbone1, I found the bream the other day: L. Claiborne, between 29 and 32 feet deep!

Posted by Ray Jones | December 24, 2012, 12:3610:00 pm
  2. Dear “Cold Front”, Friday is starting to look like your kind of day. Temp near 30, north wind — I bet you can find bream bedding somewhere…

Posted by darbone1 | December 20, 2012, 12:3611:47 pm
  3. “Cold Front Jones” here…Yep, I have helped Bob Mitcham many, many times with his “too many fishes” problems. Maybe I helped him a few too many times. Keep after ’em, Bob.

Posted by Ray Jones | December 20, 2012, 12:3611:40 pm
  4. J Jones, I have a solution to your overcrowding problem for fish filets, deer meat and garden produce. Just give me a call and I’ll come with a couple of ice chests! Merry Christmas!

Posted by darbone1 | December 18, 2012, 12:365:52 pm
  5. Around our house, it’s been a great fishing season when the packages of frozen fish fillets pile up: we have no more room left in the freezer, or the deep freeze, or the freezer in the garage, or mother-in-law’s freezer (next door). Now THAT’s a great season! All that coupled with frozen garden produce (corn, beans, etc.) and deer meat, we’re all set to eat well. God is good.

Posted by J Jones | December 18, 2012, 12:3612:01 pm
  6. If you would just take my friend “Cold Front” Jones with you on your fishing trips, you could solve 99 percent of your surplus fish problems. He’s the only guy I know who can make a “killing frost” in July !

Posted by Bob Mitcham | December 18, 2012, 12:3610:39 am
  7. The really bad thing about George is that he still has to work for a living.

Posted by george | December 18, 2012, 12:369:18 am