Fishermen needed something good to eat that not everybody would know about. So God made a crappie. And he let a few wise and seasoned fishermen in on a secret about what to do with the crappie that they catch. Okay, now the secret is out…
- Filet about three or four one pound crappie
- Save the backbone, fins intact
- Season, meal and fry the backbones and filets in hot peanut oil
- Feed filets to someone who doesn’t know better
- Eat the fried backbones yourself, first pulling out the fins, gently eating the meat from the tiny fin bones and then biting off the crispy outside part. Then eat the meat clean off the backbone like a house cat eating a kipper snack.
- Fried zucchini fries and hot water cornbread bites won’t hurt anything either.
Then post on the Internet and the Facebook to make real enlightened fish gourmets jealous.
* * * * * * * *
It’s time for SPRING VACATION for lakedarbonnelife.com! We are going to take a few days off and let the keyboard cool off. We will be back with you on Tuesday, April 10. In the meantime, enjoy the outdoors and be safe out there!
No comments yet.