//
you're reading...
Lake life

Wind, rain and fish

Here’s the fishing report for the next few days:

Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 9.54.54 PMAny questions?

Okay, so when there is a 40% chance of rain, there’s a 60% chance it is not going to rain, plus or minus a 20% chance that the weatherman missed it by about 20%.  But here’s the deal. Don’t let a bad weather report keep you from going fishing. Check the weather first. Today’s radar and real time weather forecasts are much more accurate than longer range guesses, so keep your eyes open and take advantage of the opportunites you have to fish. With thunderstorms a possibility, don’t venture out too far and WATCH FOR LIGHTNING. That’s the biggest danger in this type weather.

Frankly, the only place you could fish on Lake D’Abonne or any big lake the past three days was in a cove or from the bank, make that the west bank. The waves on the east bank were too high from constant 10-15 mph winds.

But if the weather holds long enough to go, the fish are biting. This week’s report will be short and sweet. Some really good catches of bream have been reported on every area lake. Catfishing is also good. Bass are scattered with some already hitting on summer patterns while a few are still shallow. Same thing can be said for crappie. If you go up the creek, make sure and take a paddle.

We’ll try to have a better report next week when all this settles down and we can get some really accurate on-the-water reports for you. In the meantime, be safe.

 

 

 

Discussion

One thought on “Wind, rain and fish

  1. Have you noticed the “wind” this year on the lake??

    Posted by Si | May 9, 2014, 12:3610:25 am

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

PREAUS MOTORS

SIMMONS’ SPORTING GOODS

Eagle Point Boat & RV storage

Eagle Point Boat & RV storage. Call (318) 368-8400 or (318) 245-4170 for your Boat or RV spot today. Electricity available at each site; water and RV sewer dump and 24-hour video surveillance.

Marion State Bank

Union Parish Sheriff’s Office

Wood Marine of Ruston

600 East Georgia Ave * Ruston (318) 202-3802

BnM Fishing

THE CITY OF FARMERVILLE

%d bloggers like this: