WEATHER ALERT: No, this is a good weather alert. It’s going to be a beautiful weekend and expect our lakes and launching ramps to be very busy. Be courteous and be careful out there! I hope the fish are ready to get as active as the fishermen!
College Football’s over. Baseball had its season openers last night. But southern colleges are about to go head to head in some big stake competition this weekend. The FLW College Southern Conference begins its fishing bass tournament season on Toledo Bend with more than 50 college teams competing for a top award of $2,000 and a berth in the 2014 Southern Conference Invitational.
The weather has been a bit crazy, but fishermen are catching some good bass on the Bend. Anglers will take off from San Miguel Park located at 381 San Miguel Road in Zwolle, La., at 7:00 a.m. Weigh-in will be held at San Miguel Park starting at 3:00 p.m. TODAY. Takeoff and weigh-in is free and open to the public. Our area is well represented, including:
- Louisiana Tech University – Matthew Loetscher, Many, and Caleb Boudreaux, Doyline.
- Louisiana Tech University – Zachary Sparish, Ruston, and Brandon Greco, Shreveport.
- University of Louisiana-Monroe – Blake Alford and Tyler Stewart, both of West Monroe.
- University of Louisiana-Monroe – Jackson Blackety, Monroe, and Tyler Craig, Frierson, La.
- University of Louisiana-Monroe – Nick Ladart and Brian Eaton, both of Monroe.
Other schools competing in the Toledo Bend tournament, which is hosted by the Sabine River Authority, include Angelo State, Arkansas State, Baylor, Colorado State, East Central University, Henderson State, Lamar University, LSU-Shreveport, New Mexico State, Nicholls State, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Sam Houston State, Southern Arkansas, Tarleton State, Texas A&M, TCU, Texas Tech, Louisiana-Lafayette, Arkansas, Arkansas Monticello, Oklahoma, and North Texas.